View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelblue View Post
I'm currently a student at Berkeley, and being in a position where I've had to work closely with the Greek Life Office, this is something I'm aware of.

It'll be exciting to see such a significant change in the system. It's been almost a decade since the PHC community has last changed, and another sorority will introduce a lot of the much-needed diversity.

I hope I'm not saying too much, but I personally have a strong feeling that AGD may recolonize because their housing corp still owns the house, there's an alumni organization around, and last I knew, a regional chapter that was renting the house recently decided to shut down its operations.

FYI, alpha Kappa Delta Phi is a national sorority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, Calif.

The NPC Extension Committee has received minutes evidencing the Panhellenic Council’s vote to open for extension. There are currently twelve (12) NPC groups on campus: Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and Sigma Kappa. The chapters range in size from 115 to 141. Chapter Total is 127. There are thirty-five (35) chapters in the Interfraternity Council, five (5) chapters in the National Pan-Hellenic Council, and twelve (12) chapters in the Multi-Cultural Greek Council.

All NPC chapters are housed, and chapter houses are owned by their local house corporations and employ full-time and part-time staff as house directors, cooking and cleaning staff, and/or maintenance. Other amenities include, but are not limited to, bedding, living space, study lounges, meeting and ritual rooms, and recreational areas. All chapter houses are located off campus and house capacity between 48 and 71 members.

Located in Berkeley, California, the University of California, Berkeley is a public institution which enrolls 25,540 undergraduate students, 52.9% of which are female. The University of California, Berkeley offers baccalaureate degrees in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, interdisciplinary studies, and professional schools, along with Master’s degrees in several specialized areas. For more information see the University’s website: www.berkeley.edu.

Panhellenic Council at UC Berkeley has not extended since 1948, and we are excited to announce the opportunity to welcome a new NPC organization to our CalGreeks community, a rich tradition at UC Berkeley that has been in existence for over 140 years.

Applications for the possibility of colonization will be released in January 2011. The Extension Committee will be sending detailed packets of information to the NPC member groups who are not currently on campus.

Questions can be directed to: Maria S. Iglesia, M.Ed.
Program Coordinator, Fraternity and Sorority Life

(personal contact info redacted)
Thanks Sen!