View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekeguy View Post
In a rare moment of free time I was surfing through this thread and was somewhat amused by the comments regarding the 24 year old creeping out the undergraduate girls.
After my BA and three years of active duty in the Army followed by an MA(Oxon) in the UK I started law school at 27. Social life among law students tends to be subordinated to the pressure cooker of 1-L and any attempts at dating were usually within the law school community. Somewhat to my surprise I was by no means the oldest in my class but what really surprised me was the number of undergrad women, including many freshman girls, who went out of their way to connect with unattached law students. Those of us who were Greek from our undergrad days were particular items of interest.
Very flattering but not too surprising. Since women tend to be a bit more socially developed and polished I think male Law students who tended to dress a bit better than undergrads and who had a bit more polish and experience of the wider world were seen perhaps as more interesting and focused on careers and success than undergrads. Anyway, age differences between 24 year old men and 18 or 19 year old women did not seem to be of any concern to the women.
So, thoughts anyone?
Freshman girls that go out of their way to meet and date unattached law students screams "I'm-gonna-be-a-golddigger-when-I-grow-up" to me. I mean, I have seen it happen and can imagine it happening everywhere, but the people that seek it out are looking for something, uh, in particular, I'd think.