View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDLover View Post
A lot of this is crazy to me. A lot of the fraternities on our campus (in the Northeast area) have openly gay members. The fraternity's which house these members don't get a negative or gay connotation and the guys get a lot with their brothers great!

I couldn't even imagine having problems with gay brothers (or lesbian sisters)
I wish it wasn't that way, but it is on many campuses. Personally I wish a person's sex life could just stay private...it's no one's business unless they want it to be anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
It *really* varies from campus to campus. Here is a formula that I just came up with off the top of my head.

Take the number of times that your state voted for the Democratic Candidate for president in the last 5 elections. Add 2 if Gay Marriage is legal in your state. Add 3 if there is an active Gay and Lesbian group on campus. Subtract 3 if a ban on Gay Marriage has been written into the State Constitution. Subtract 5 if the University President really has to be of the same Religion as the group that started the school. Subtract 5 if the school requires you to attend chapel every week.

I think that gives a 10 for UMass-Amherst or George Washington University and a -13 for Oral Roberts University(Oklahoma) or Hyles Anderson. Of course at *both* ends of the scale you end up with some schools that ban Fraternities and Sororities... (And at Oral Roberts and Hyles Anderson you don't have to worry about what your fellow students will do if you are out of the closet, you won't be a student there anymore)
I think we get a 3. Though I'm not honestly sure if there is a ban on gay marriage in the state constitution...but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if there was.

# of times state voted for Democratic candidate: 0
Gay marriage is not legal in this state: 0
Active gay/lesbian group on campus: +3
Gay marriage ban in state constitution: 0?
University president of same religion: N/A
Chapel: N/A
(public school)

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Alumiyum; 05-24-2011 at 10:21 PM.