View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
Exactly. In the end, the chapter gets the final say unless as long as their choices want them. The end result, if you asked the chapter, may not be so optimal. Would you really want Polly who put you 3rd over Suzie who put you #1? I probably wouldn't. But...that's how it works. Residency Match works essentially the same way, but no one questions the match, they just put in their picks and shows up on match day. If you don't match, you scramble for a leftover spot. That's sorta the equivalent of Snap bidding, I guess!
I'll just keep the off-topic stuff going...I always thought it would be interesting if chapters could have "A-lists" and "B-lists" every round. If a chapter is, for example, supposed to have 100 women at the first invitational round, and they historically have a 50% return rate, they'd get to issue 200 invitations, and have, say, 10 on the "B-list". The computer would do the first round of scheduling as normal, and if the chapter had fewer than 90 women, any women on the B-list who didn't have full schedules would then be added.

It would be a way for chapters to take a second look at a PNM who hadn't been their first choice, much the same way we encourage PNM's to take a second look at a chapter they ranked lower.