View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutBrnHair View Post
I honestly think the "more legacies going through than quota" is not very often true. Honestly, even with Chi Omega (the largest NPC group) it is simply not often the case.
OK so the researcher jumps into the convo: need.more.data. Can't make a broad generalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
It depends on the chapter. Some chapters at certain schools are very legacy heavy, even here in the northeast.
As well as here at AZ. Without divulging specifics or crossing any lines, I can share that we have more than enough verified legacies registered for recruitment to take a quota of 70+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
During the three years that I participated in rush as an active member, I often helped with the Panhel paperwork. All three years, Theta had over 100 legacies going through. One of the years, Kappa had over 100 legacies. Depending on the geographic area, certain chapters will always have a ton of legacies come through. One of the things that we did as a chapter was to invite legacies and PNMs with letters of rec to dinner or lunch at the chapter house. It helped us give the legacies extra consideration because we got to know them for a longer period of time in a less stressful setting.
I don't understand the bolded. Can you elaborate? Is this an informal recruitment/COB situation? If we did that in our current recruitment set-up, we'd be slapped upside the head with so many recruitment infractions we'd be seeing the Milky Way.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity