View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that's a bit of a different situation, DGTess. In that scenario, she's not listing chapters she'd be OK getting a bid with - she's ranking chapters that she visited that day in order of preference. The whole "taking someone else's spot" thing comes into play when chapters and PNMs are offering and accepting bids and they have to deal more directly with quota.

Frankly, if she's so repulsed by the thought of having a full schedule and getting the opportunity to learn more about chapters other than her favorite five that she'll deliberately leave two off... Well, that's the kind of attitude that, in some (not all, but some) cases, is indicative of the "I'm-better-than-them" attitude that isn't very good for any chapter. It's not as if accepting an invitation to the next round of parties means she'll be committed to joining the two chapters she didn't want to list, and it gives her more options if she ends up not being invited back to her top five.

Recruitment is, in my opinion, about providing the maximum amount of opportunities to the maximum amount of people possible. If PNMs are not happy with the chapters they get invited back to, they can always drop out entirely, but it's really not fair to leave off chapters that you could be visiting before giving them a fair chance.