View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
I'm trying to understand. As some have kindly* noted before, my rush was not what many go through now.

A closer analogy to what I'm seeing is everyone on my street having an open house on the same day, and inviting everyone in the neighborhood. There are some who don't want to come to my house, or to my neighbor's house, but want to visit everyone else. Why should that person have to visit the homes s/he doesn't want to? Seems to me that rush is the same way. Just because there are 8 time slots for parties and someone gets invitations to 8 parties, why must she go to all 8? Wouldn't "mutual" selection dictate that both sides get to "cut"?
Returning to chapters =/= joining chapters

Returning to a chapter in which the PNM is not interested in doesn't bind her to anything. Listing a chapter she doesn't want on her MRABA will bind her to that chapter if she is matched with it.

I understand it doesn't feel very mututal to PNMs who are "forced" to return to chapters they may not want, but at the end of the day, no one is forcing them to join. College Panhellenics simply want PNMs to have every opportunity to see their realistic options.