View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Why Rejected from a Sorority?

Where I go to school there is Panhel sororities and IFC sororities. Recently I attempted to go through the Panhel sorority recruitment. The way it works for my school is that we go to each of the five sororities the first day, then the next day it drops down to the four that you like/have picked you, and so on and so forth until the last Bid Day.

So I attended the first day, loved it, couldn't wait to go back. Second Day, I got a phone call saying I did not get an invitation back to any of the sororities. My question is simple, why?

I felt like it had been a good day, I was honest and myself. Let me tell you a little bit about myself and then maybe you can give me an answer. I'm a sophomore and I just transferred in. I live off campus but just down the street from the sororities. I am not a social butterfly but I am also not too shy. I talked to all the girls and was friendly and sincere. I enjoyed talking to all the girls and thought I had met some great people. I couldn't wait to come back the next day. Everyone had been wonderful.

My downsides. I'm overweight and I'm multiracial. Was I socially awkward or something? I don't know, I don't feel like I was.

I am really confused and I just want an honest answer of why people think I got rejected from ALL of them. I'm really hurt and I am taking it to heart. If someone could give me an answer I'd love to know. I just want a good honest answer.