View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Just a little comment on the small uproar over whether to look for girls that are just like you or girls that you aspire to be like...you can look for both! Ever notice that you have a lot in common with your best friends but you also admire many things about them? That's why they're your best friends!

The issue should be not be about thinking about which sorority to join and which letters to wear, but WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR SISTERS. You're going to be spending a lot of time with them, and after your college years you're still going to have this unbreakable bond with them for the rest of your life.

Ideally, when you are deciding how to rank your choices on your bid card, there will be that house where you just clicked with the girls and want to be a part of their world. They are the girls you can see yourself having fun with, trusting with your innermost secrets, learning something from, leaning on for support, and who you feel can best help you achieve your goals in college and in life and help you become the person you want to be.

You know how you say sometimes, "I love my relatives, but I didn't pick them?" Now you are given the opportunity to choose your sisters! This is the time to put on your brightest smile and when everything is said and done, hopefully you'll all be smiling together on Bid Day!