View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi ladies!

I'm currently a Theta at Ole Miss. I wanted to add what we students have been hearing about the location for the new sororities coming in the next couple of years. It's currently sounding like they'll actually be located on Fraternity Row. We hear that Phi Tau, who has been having some difficulty with numbers the last few years, has been asked by the University to consider moving off campus, with the idea that one chapter will occupy that house. Then there is currently an empty lot where Chi Psi house used to be right next to SAE that has been heard will be the location of another house. As for the third one, no one really knows. There's a large parking area right by the Fraternity Row entrance to campus that seems like a viable location. Keep in mind as you read this, of course, that this is all rumor and that nothing has been confirmed by the administration or Panhellenic.

I'm not really sure how well having sororities interspersed with fraternities on Fraternity Row would be received, were these rumors actually proven to be true. They would certainly be very isolated from the rest of the sororities on campus, which would seem to put them at a disadvantage during recruitment. However, there aren't really many other places for these houses to go. Does anyone have any thoughts?