View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Rushing as a soph, or a second semester soph...

So I've gone through rush as a freshman. I was very overwhelmed by it and as many girl I was upset that I did not get called back to my top 3. But the other 4 houses that called me back I was not feeling a connection with the girls. I stopped mid day while visiting the houses which called me back. I felt so stupid not going through with it, but it felt right at the time.

I was called back to a specific house a SK house which said they really liked me and their president even came to speak with me personally. I liked that so much but I didnt know if it was right for me.

Now as I've made friends all of which are in a sorority I know the comfort of girls to fall back on. Its really neat and I feel like I made a bad decision not rushing for SK. I'm a soph now and I've had a few problems at home that have weighed on my grades. I tried my best but have fallen just below the minimum GPA to rush this fall. I am retaking a class, and have got my focus on my grades. I dont want a death in my family to bring down my chances to rush. (my gpa died last year) it was really a difficult time and I tried my level best to keep my grades up.

But my question is, should I fill out a rush form saying I have a 2.46 and go through with it. Bc im sure i wont be able to start rushing if I dont have a 2.5, heck i dont think sisters would even pref round me by seeing that i am a soph with not even a minimum gpa.

I have friends in SK as well and I absolutely love the girls. I just dont know what to do. Help me girlies!