View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
It sounds like you really aren't asking us for fundraising ideas or feedback. You have made up your mind that you are going to do a "spaghetti dinner" and charge your friends to eat.

Not seeing how this is demonstrating other than rudimentary organizational skills, let alone fundraising skills. Fundraising per se is an event to raise money to benefit a cause. What you're proposing seems to be to benefit YOU (to offset membership costs). I suppose you can make a case for how you are a worthy cause, and I'm sure you'll explain it to me (how this is really fundraising).
I haven't made up my mind in any way. It was an idea I posed, and I have stated how it would be executed if I did it. I don't see how you see me as not asking for ideas or feedback...

The definition of fundraising is: "Raising money for a cause or project", or "The organized activity of raising funds (as for an institution or political cause)."

So fundraising doesn't have to be something that benefits a cause, it can be benefiting a project (in this case, pledging the org) and hosting a pasta dinner would be considered fundraising because it would be raising money for a project, or if you want to stretch it a bit, an institution (the sorority).