View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 04:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirellestar View Post
What everyone said is true, I only signed up for rush about 2 weeks before and I couldn't take off time from work because I'm new to my job and I haven't built up enough sick time yet. I can only call in for emergencies right now. Also I needed to go to work to be able to pay for a lot of stuff including the sorority so I felt missing wouldn't be an option.
And that is why you ask off in advance when you know you have something going on that you would like to attend, NOT call in at the last minute so other people have to cover your work. By asking off in advance you at least give your managers the ability to see if things can be shuffled around to cover you being gone - or if the schedule hasn't been posted yet, change around days off and such before others have made plans for their days off. Members of colonies have many things going on, most known in advance some a bit at the last minute because they couldn't be planned in advance. IF you get a bid you may have to take the calendar in to your managers and go over it with them so arrangements can be made (and mention the mandatory versus optional events).