View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Reading this discussion made me drag out my folder from formal recruitment (I save everything. But it's all organized! haha).

I read through it again and found the following statements in Tips for PNM's.
"Do not interpret any remark made at an event as an assurance of an invitation to another event or a bid."
"Chapters are not required to offer bids to legacies and may extend invitations to events as a matter of courtesy"

Included in the folder was a short description of each sororities activites and philanthropy, the Pennsylvania hazing law, a list of the benefits of greek life, recrutiment guidelines, and the four pillars of greek life.

It does not say anywhere in our folder that a girl may not be able to attend pref. parties due to GPA. My friend L got invited back to two parties (out of four), and had been going through formal recruitment with us when she was called into the greek life office and told she was not elligible to go to the parties or recieve a bid the next morning. She was absolutely devestated, and wished that they had done something about her GPA earlier. It turned out happy, she got a COB bid from Chi Omega and is now one of my sisters, and she is very happy. It so turned out we were her first choice. No one had explained to her that being cut from pref due to grades was a possibility. She had assumed that her grades were fine since she had been allowed to attend every other night of recruitment.