View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
It does not say anywhere in our folder that a girl may not be able to attend pref. parties due to GPA. My friend L got invited back to two parties (out of four), and had been going through formal recruitment with us when she was called into the greek life office and told she was not elligible to go to the parties or recieve a bid the next morning. She was absolutely devestated, and wished that they had done something about her GPA earlier. It turned out happy, she got a COB bid from Chi Omega and is now one of my sisters, and she is very happy. It so turned out we were her first choice. No one had explained to her that being cut from pref due to grades was a possibility. She had assumed that her grades were fine since she had been allowed to attend every other night of recruitment.

That is because the University and Panhellenic can NOT prohibit a PNM with low grades from rushing. I bet that the conversation that the Greek Life office had with L was that she had been cut from rush, not that she was ineligible to participate at all.

GPA minimums are a requirement of the individual chapters. It is also part of our private membership selection criterion. Every sorority may have a DIFFERENT mimimum. I am sure that in your information packet somewhere, it says that a low GPA may negatively affect the PNMs chances of getting a bid or even participating in recruitment.