View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Cutting or pledging a group for dumb reasons

So many Greeks have told me that they cut or even pledged a certain GLO for dumb reasons that I wondered if you'd heard of any!

For instance, if I'd stayed in my hometown and rushed, I probably would've pledged a certain GLO because I loved its flower (hey, I was 16). To heck with what the members were like!

The neighborhood ditz announced that she didn't want to be a Tri Delt because the three triangles on the shirt didn't look like "real" Greek letters and she wanted people to know she was Greek. (Her grades ended up being too low to rush.)

I know a college sophomore who doesn't want to pledge one group because she can't stand their colors.

Oh yeah, and when I rushed there was a rushee who really wanted Chi O and when they cut her, she pledged Alpha Chi Omega so she could tell the folks back home she was "A Chi O" and not be lying. That had always been her game plan, to only consider those 2 and none of the other 12, and this was before she'd even met anyone in any of the groups on campus!

You get the idea! Does anyone else have a ridiculous story?

Last edited by carnation; 07-16-2002 at 10:52 PM.