View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Appeals Process?

Hi all,

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I want to appeal a sorority decision.

Hear me out. So I am a junior and a new sorority is colonizing at my school. There were 2 info events and one 15 minute interview that was required to join. I went and signed in to both of the optional events. So if they checked attendance, I clearly showed my interest.

During my interview, I dressed in business casual (as they said to), brought a resume, and had an awful interview. The interviewer (from the sorority HQ) seemed to make a quick judgement of me and was disinterested in what I had to say about myself. During the interview she didn't even look at the resume I brought. All in all, she was very cold and slightly unprofessional, and I went out feeling weird about the experience.

When I found out I didn't get a bid I was not exactly surprised based on the interview experience but I was disappointed. My friends who didn't have the same interviewer all got bids. My question is, is there any hopes of appeal? Since I am a junior I feel this is my last chance at Greek life. Thanks for any info.

-Sad GDI