View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy000 View Post
Hi all,

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I want to appeal a sorority decision.

Hear me out. So I am a junior and a new sorority is colonizing at my school. There were 2 info events and one 15 minute interview that was required to join. I went and signed in to both of the optional events. So if they checked attendance, I clearly showed my interest.

During my interview, I dressed in business casual (as they said to), brought a resume, and had an awful interview. The interviewer (from the sorority HQ) seemed to make a quick judgement of me and was disinterested in what I had to say about myself. During the interview she didn't even look at the resume I brought. All in all, she was very cold and slightly unprofessional, and I went out feeling weird about the experience.

When I found out I didn't get a bid I was not exactly surprised based on the interview experience but I was disappointed. My friends who didn't have the same interviewer all got bids. My question is, is there any hopes of appeal? Since I am a junior I feel this is my last chance at Greek life. Thanks for any info.

-Sad GDI
I can only speak for my own sorority, but there is no appeal process for those who do not receive bids. Chapters are also not permitted to discuss with you why you did not receive one. I would imagine that the same holds true for other sororities.

I will say that I'm sorry you did not receive a bid. That's tough. Take some time to relax, cry, whatever helps you get through it.

Lakers Nation.