View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Overall - we need to be better educating our members about the necessity of recs and how to correctly do them for your organization. I think part of the problem is that are usually processed by a committee or a couple of individuals, and most members don't see or hear about them except as a brief mention when you're going over the PNM list.

But if they're just a check-off item for your org and you don't read or use them, change your policies and procedures to eliminate them.
This!

As I've said before, I didn't know what a rec was until I came to this site, after I had already graduated. If anyone asked me to write a rec back then, I would have given them a funny look and asked them what they were talking about. And let's face it: it's not good when a PNM has to teach an alumna about sorority procedures. It's probably a little awkward on both sides of the fence.

Heck, even if a PNM came to me today and asked me to write a rec, I'd be more than willing to help, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Actually, our org has had numerous webinars recently about all kinds of policies and procedures. Perhaps I'll suggest that this gets put on the list of topics to discuss...

@~/~~~~