View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post

Baylor: Developments Regarding NPC members' involvement in men's recruitment and "little sister" groups

http://baylorlariat.com/2014/04/30/s...y-recruitment/

Baylor is getting around to following one of the NPC Unanimous Agreemnts, reportedly:

excerpt from ^^:

“As of fall 2014, panhellenic women will not be allowed to attend fraternity recruitment events, including, but not limited to, coffees, smokers and skeet shoots. Also starting in the fall, panhellenic women will not participate in auxiliary groups, such as “little sisters” or “golden girls.” Women who have already been selected into these groups will be able to serve the duration of their current term. However, a panhellenic member may still be a fraternity’s one allotted “sweetheart” if she is invited to do so. Starting spring 2015, panhellenic women will not be able to endorse membership to a particular fraternity by wearing a rush T-shirt, said … [the] Baylor Panhellenic Council president.”
According to the article the unanimous agreement is from 2011, but I could have sworn those rules were in place in the early 1990s when I was in college. Am I missing something?

I had no idea this was still going on there. I know that Waco is insulated from the rest of the world but sheesh.