View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
Yes you should! I know I'm coming from a NPHC perspective (I'll be wearing my letters FOREVERRRRRR) but why not!? One of the girls I've known since Girl Scouts/Elementary School is an advisor for DG and she is often in pictures with her shirts on. I wish that more NPC Alumnae would rock their letters (at appropriate times/places), you never know who you will run into!

My past chapter president moved here from the south and she didn't know anyone in the area (this is before chapter websites were a norm). She wore a Delta shirt at the local mall and ended up finding Sorors (or they found her ) who helped her get acclimated with the area! I've also seen this happen at community service events/philanthropy events as well!
I have noticed that NPHC people rock their letters more often here in Philly... I was recently at Hersheypark in line for a roller coaster, and was behind a thirtysomething Que who had a lettered t-shirt and hat, plus a tattoo on his leg.

I am actually looking forward to wearing my spirit jersey on my trip, especially since I'll be going down South - and if people don't see that, I'll also be bringing my glow in the dark Lilly Pulitzer fluorescent pepto panda AOII tote, which I am pretty sure can be seen from outer space, it's so bright.