View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedeamonggreek View Post
But I guess you all think I am some psychopathic, creepy, clingy guy that can't get his life together. I have a life, I have a good job, and I have friends and family that care about me too. But jeeze, whatever happened to appreciated and caring for a significant other nowadays?
I knew the flounce post was coming! Friend, I have read some very good advice here. If you make her feel like everything she does without your direct involvement is an imposition, unless she is suffering from some sort of codependency issues, you guys aren't going to last. Your goal is to be as fine together as you are apart. This whole "let's talk about our relationship and how your recruitment is going to impose on it" business is just bullshit. It's not an imposition, it's her doing something she committed to do and you have no idea --none--about just how seriously recruitment is to Greek organizations. Fail there, we fail all the men and women who came before us and could have come after us.

So instead of having to have a 'state of the relationship' talk and her having to get your permission for it to be okay, you don't get a say in whether she does this, you can ask her how it's going, text reasonably and try to grab lunch if possible here or there.

You did good coming here. You're getting solid advice. But don't expect complete strangers to hold your hand and tell you that you are right when what you are self-disclosing to us is probably something we could find in the DSM-V.

Also, as a matter of discretion, the internet is forever and among Greeks, this is still a pretty popular site. There's a very good chance someone is going to read your fact pattern and figure out who your girlfriend is. You might want to go back and edit some things and request the QFP person (politely by private message) to please edit some things. The internet is forever.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma