View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrokenmom View Post
Heya y'all,

My daughter tried to rush a SEC school and ended up cut from her legacy house and then decided to drop out of recruitment. She was so set on going to my house that she had blinders on and was heartbroken when they didn't invite her to pref.

I tried to prepare her for cuts because I know huge cuts can happen but she took that one cut much more personally than I thought she would. I didn't realize she had fallen in love with the house so much and I hope I didn't set her up for unrealistic expectations. She's attending my alma mater so I felt like this should have hurt me more than it hurt her, but I've volunteered with local chapters for a while and see how they can change over time and I understand not everyone fits in at their mom's chapter.

My daughter is devastated and I'm at a loss at how to help her with her feelings. It's heartbreaking to watch your child be so sad and there isn't anything you can do about it.

I'm sorry to hear that!

Give her time to be upset.

If you're close enough to drive down, maybe take her to go do something fun that has zero to do with anything Greek Life.

Don't push the "Why don't you COR or rush next year?" issue (if that is even an option. I don't know what school you're at.)

Lakers Nation.