View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to StarDust7381
coulda been easily avoided....

I think I would have been invited back to the houses that were originally my top choices if I hadn't made a few stupid mistakes. I was ridiculously nervous at KKG because everyone kept saying how they're all about prestige and looks (which is soo not true and I love my Kappa friends who are all sweet down to earth girls) but you know how it is when people say stupid stuff and you're already nervous to start with and the nervousness just gets worse! I was just completely a nervous wreck there and felt like i was the biggest dork and completely clammed up instead of being my usual fun self. The girls probably thought that I was either completely bored or that i was boring! The next day I missed dinner prior to rush evening. I didn't know that I am hypoglycemic(sp?) and an hour into the night, I was on the verge of fainting. I didn't mind so much at the first house bc thier girls have always been awfully mean to me and i was just surprised I had been invited back. Two hours later, I was at AXO- my top choice and i was just barely holding it together. Needless to say, I was completely incoherent. I just kept saying how I loved the house and the girls and how it was the only house I wanted-but probably came across as babbling and flakey. I feel bad for the girl who I talked with because she probably thought I was a moron and I felt bad for my friend in the house because she was pulling so hard for me to be her sister.

I love my Alpha Gams
As for my condition....I learned my lesson later in the year. I had moved into the AGD house after living with the ugliest b*tchiest girl on campus 1st semester. Late into the semester, I had pulled an all nighter and avoided eating bc it was late-PLUS I had been sick ALL semester. The next morning, I came downstairs to lunch bc it was grilled cheese & tomato soup day. The next thing I knew, I was flat on my back on the floor with a *very concerned Jessica* above me.(Sorry Jess for scaring the crap out of you!) I passed out again and woke to find the ambulance people poking and prodding at me. I was at the ER all day too (Thank you Hollie for saving me from my insane mother harping and ranting at me!) Now all my sisters make sure I eat and make sure I am healthy. (BTW, we had firetrucks and ambulances at teh house 3 days in a row that week.)

In my case, I think my quote below is literally and figuratively true...

Last edited by StarDust7381; 08-06-2002 at 11:59 PM.