View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Feedback on an idea for fundraising?

hey guys! I was part of alpha phi back at college many years ago.

I thought I'd throw out a few questions to this group on something I'm working on. I don't know if there are many great fundraising tools out there today (there weren't when I was involved).

I'm working on a product that lets groups get together to buy insurance....so let's say 30 sisters could pool a few dollars a month ($5-$10) to insure their property (like laptops, phones, bikes, or other things). They'd be fully covered against any damage. If there's money leftover at the end (because we trust our fellow house members to take good care of their things!) that would go back to the house's social budget.

Would you guys consider using something like that (if your house could make $1500 or more every year for every 50 or so people)? Or is that just not enough $ or not something you'd want? Just curious, since we were thinking that fraternities / sororities are already trying hard to fundraise, and are tight knit, so they trust each other to be careful w/ their things.

This isn't a spammy message, I promise. Any thoughts would be super helpful, or send me a direct message. Thanks!