View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
/swerve: BlueBayou I had breakfast this morning with my Tri Delta buddy (the one I already told you about) and one of her pledge sisters was also at the same restaurant. You guys are everywhere! My friend also has a pine sticker with "alumna" on her car (don't ask me to take a photo, I won't, I was in the generation that didn't photograph anything! thank GOD for that!!!). About the sticker - envious, so I ordered a really cool kite decal for my rear windshield. I ordered some extras for my GC Theta sisters, too. I may mail them before Christmas. Don't hold your breath.
Too cool! I do think PNM really need to understand it is life long membership - should they choose to embrace it.

Back on topic/
I just don't understand why some school's Panhellenic that have a pretty competitive rush make it sound like references are completely not needed. Obviously some schools, like Alabama, do a much better job an realistically posting what is Panhellenic required and what is individual chapters may require.

It's kind of like back in my day - we had deferred rush - so only college grades count. And the Panhellenic threshold to go through rush was something ridiculously low. Like a 1.75 or a 2.0. But a couple of the sororities had their thresholds set in the 2.75 range. For us specifically - there was one rush where more than 1/2 the girls were below our threshold and absolutely could not be pledged. At least now - most literature shows some sororities having higher grade requirements than the Panhellenic minimum. And I think I saw that Alabama had a chart that showed how many invites you are likely to get based on GPA alone. To me that is eye opening to a lot of PNMs who don't understand how grades really do impact their options.