View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

As an alumna, I've:

1) served as the Recruitment Advisor for my collegiate chapter

2) been a member of an alumnae chapter, in which both our current national president and a past national president were members (and I was able to reconnect with them at our last national convention)

3) served as the lead editor for the sorority's national magazine, The Anchor, a volunteer position which I've held for five years now.

One of my best and most memorable experiences in this position came at our last convention. There was an alumnae-only reception, and I was waiting in line for the buffet. This woman in line ahead of me noticed my convention nametag/badge and saw that I was the editor. She talked about the latest issue of the magazine regarding financial wellness and applauded our team for focusing on the topic. She then talked about her own experience working in finance and how heavily she was discriminated against for being a woman "back in the day" in that field.

Then during the reception, there was a time to honor women who had dedicated their time and talents to the sorority. And that same woman who just praised me and my team was now standing before all of us receiving her 50-year member pin.

@~/~~~~