View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
Thanks to Facebook a few members of my chapter started connecting with each other. One woman started putting together a mailing list which has grown considerably over the years. Now, every year, the women from who were initiated about 5 years before me through my pledge class have a weekend reunion over homecoming weekend. On Sunday, there is a brunch. I am unable to attend the rest of the weekend events, but I try to go to the brunch. Last year there were approximately 25 of us. Several of the women I hadn't seen since their graduation which was back in the days when dinosaurs were still roaming the campus.

DaffyKD

I have a similar experience. Several of us who were initiated in the early 70s through the early 80s have reconnected - including 5 of the 7 in my pledge class. One visits DC each year, so we have an annual dinner. And we had a mini-reunion over Spring Carnival earlier this year, where I was able to reconnect with a good part of my grandbig's class at campus. One woman I hadn't seen since 1974. This may be a bit easier for us, as our pledge classes *averaged* 7 women <grin>.

Social media is Wonderful!