View Single Post
Old 08-25-2002, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
Out of the five women, they would be divided into two piles: Those who ranked A as #1, and those who ranked B as #1. Out of the ones who ranked A #1, they would get whomever was highest on their bid list, and the same would happen for B.

As in normal matching, the PNM's preference takes priority over the sorority's preference.
That kind of makes sense... but does that then mean that someone lower on, say, A's bid list could get matched to A, while someone higher on A's list could get matched to B even if she listed A first?

To build on my previous example: Susie and Jenny each attend pref parties at sororities A and B. Each of them lists A, then B, on her pref card. Susie is, say, #16 on both A's and B's second bid lists; Jenny is #17 on both groups' second bid lists.

During "normal" bid matching, A makes quota before getting to Susie. Her second choice, B, is used, and she becomes the twentieth and last person to match to B. Jenny is bidless because both of her choices are full to quota.

Following what DeltaBetaBaby said, Jenny would be matched to A because she is the highest-ranked person on A's bid list who ranked A first and didn't match via "normal" bid matching, even though she is lower on A's list than Susie was.

Am I understanding this correctly? Or am I just overanalyzing this?