View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 03:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
I recently gave my cousing outfit advice to wear for her rush. i rushed in the south which is far different from her rushing up here in the northeast, but some things are standard. this was my advice:
for first round, think like you are going out someplace really nice for dinner with say family that isn't in town much, dress semi-casual/semi-dressed up and also comfy enough to eat lots...sundresses, capris, or a cute jean or khaki skirt. Anything from JCREW. NO JEANS!

for second round, think like you are going on a first date. a lil' more dressy than the day before...think i want to dress to impress! Think black skirt or black pants. Cute top.

for pref. think like you are going to a cocktail party and the guy you have a major crush on is there and dateless. Time to pull out the dresses! Black, Red, pink, Blue...anything that will catch someones eyes and make you memorable. Think lilly pulitzer, ann taylor, bebe or benaton.

as for jewlery, my parents made me keep all my nice jewlery home for freshman year. so i went and hit tj maxx, ross, khols and H&M for get knock of jewlery for cheap. I refused to buy pearls though. My cousin is wearing a cross from tiffanys that she got for graduation for pref. (she went to a an all catholic girls hs) and she borrowed a turqouise and silver necklace from me to wear to round 2. other than that she'll stick with her silver hoops from target.