View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

My land Beta chapter (founded when I was a student at UNR) did have bigs and littles.
I never was able to take a Sigma little. I have a Sigma twin though (my pledge sister who founded our family "Tokyo" together with me) who is my best friend!

Have you kept in touch with your Big and/or Little? Yes! Two of my four Beta littles virtually attended my daughter's Zoom Bat Mitzvah last month ( and so did a LOT of Sigmas!) and one was honored with a reading and they were both honored during the candlelighting.

My Sigma twin and I talk multiple times a day as I rent a room in her family home...she's in the next room. :-) (which answers the next question partially.)

How often do you talk to each other? My Beta littles: A few times a week.

How often do you meet up to see each other?

Since two of my Beta littles live in Reno, and I return to Reno very rarely, I see them every time I travel back to there. One lives on the other side of the Las Vegas Valley and we usually meet in the middle and see each other infrequently...perhaps a few times a year. One lives less than five miles away, and before COVID we saw one another at least once a week.

My Sigma Twin and I see each other multiple times a day!

Any other notes or fun stories? So, I became a Beta when my daughter was five and taught my daughter to call my Beta sisters "Aunt" HerName. Same goes for my Sigma Twin. She is very close to them, calls them on the phone often and sometimes goes to lunch with them.

They still call me "Bigs" or "Big", and I still call them "Little!". Sometimes, when we're out and get separated from each other in a crowd, I will call out for my Sigma Twin with "TWIN!" and she'll call right back with "TWIN!"

Last edited by misscherrypie; 10-25-2020 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Correcting