View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok....you all are probably annoyed with me; but, I am sharing my experience here in hopes that it might help someone else later.

So, in my last post I mentioned that the arm soreness came back. To recap -- I had the first dose of the Moderna vaccine on 1/14/21. For 3 days I had debilitating arm pain. The pain subsided and I had little to no pain at all for about 4 days. Then, on 1/23/21, I noticed that my shoulder was becoming sore again. It's not as debilitating as it was before; but, it is very uncomfortable and is disrupting my ability to function in my daily life. I have trouble sleeping because there is no position of comfort. I struggle to turn the steering wheel when I drive. I have difficulty taking a shower. I was up all night last night due to the arm soreness disrupting my sleep. Since it has now been 12 days since the vaccine, I decided it was time to seek help and I went to urgent care this morning.

Because the pain and soreness went away for a few days and then came back, the physician ruled out a mechanical injury. Meaning, she doesn't think the needle stick hit a nerve, etc. She believes I am having a delayed [immune] response - my body is still trying to respond to the vaccine. She didn't mention if this is rare; but, it seemed like it didn't surprise her too much. I asked her why the response would go away and then come back a few days later. She said that this vaccine is new and they are still learning about it.

She checked my range of motion and was concerned that my shoulder unit was experiencing pain and limited movement outside of the deltoid muscle where the injection was placed. Basically, because of the "injury" to my deltoid muscle, my entire shoulder unit has clenched up in an attempt to protect itself. That is causing non-involved auxiliary muscles to hurt as well.

She prescribed me a strong anti-inflammatory and also a muscle relaxer. In two days she wants me to begin at-home physical therapy exercises to open up my range of motion. If I don't see improvement, I may have to go for in-person physical therapy. I may also have to stay home from work (firefighter) while my shoulder rehabs. The doctor recommended me to register a vaccine injury with the government Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which I have done. Because I got the vaccine at work, I need to file an injury claim with my employer as well.

Even today, I had yet another well-meaning friend tell me, "...well my elderly mom and dad got their vaccinations and *they* were fine." That's nice for you and them; but, that's not relevant. What is relevant is that *I* am one of the people who had a problem with the vaccine. People have been acting like I am imagining things or overexaggerating. I have been examined by a doctor. She noted inflammation and decreased mobility. The vaccine is causing a problem. So, please please please be kind to friends, family, coworkers who are in the small percentage of people who are having a reaction and are hurting. (Please?)

Let's help the researchers and as many people as we can! Register for V-Safe when you get your first shot so that you can report on your side effects (if any). If you had any kind of a more serious issue, please submit a report to VAERS so that the scientists can try to work out how to make this work for as many people as possible.

V-SAFE: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ety/vsafe.html

Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/en...ers/index.html

Edited to add: My comment wasn't directed to you, PKT4LIFE! Apparently you were posting at the same time I was. I am glad to hear your daddy is doing good so far!

True and Constant