View Single Post
Old 03-14-2021, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokat View Post
I don't know much about KKG at Indiana, but I find the whole wearing robes and high heels to be strange...
RIF: it was lingerie, not robes

WIFLS: I know exactly how this kind of behavior happens in chapters. Witnessed it first hand during my time advising. Actives, left to their own devices, are gonna do stupid stuff. That's a universal truth. And the information about hazing behavior in the article is spot-on. Victim to bystander to perpetuating the hazing is how it goes. How many times did I hear "we've always done it this way?" when it was/is a very recent behavior or event (two-three years old ). I could write a lot more but I won't. You can fill in the blanks on this.

Rogue chapters - we all have them. Why? Lack of direct alumnae (advisor) contact and support, for starters. I'm saying what I always say when this isht surfaces: there but for the grace of God go you and I.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity