View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmaCat View Post
I'd guess that a big reason for making round one online from the jump is pure CYA; it sets up the framework for all-virtual in case crap happens and they're forced to scrap in-person rush activities again. I agree that whatever happens, the chapters and PNMs will adjust and things will be fine. Online rounds aren't ideal, but neither is a traditional first round. Even if all it does is make life a little easier during rush, I'm all for it. And I'm kind of sick of the "Ha ha, I lose my voice every rush!" ridiculousness, tbh. The system needs to be smarter about shoving people into mega-crowded parties where they have to scream to be heard and the flu or worse is lurking around every corner.
Ironically, I came across this letter today. It looks like virtual first-round recruitment is being encouraged by the NPC for a few different reasons. Whether they're legit or not, I don't know. I'm simply posting NPC's statement.

https://npcwomen.blogspot.com/2021/0...Ri7T7xmpFB7gfo

Quote:
As part of the larger Cost of Membership initiative, which I addressed in my April message, NPC is examining the costs associated with Panhellenic recruitment and has already begun to offer recommendations to address the growing concern. These recommendations include a policy addition to remove tiered registration pricing and late fees, as well as a new best practice that encourages a virtual first round whenever possible, helping decrease costs related to space rental, transportation, décor, attire, etc., while also focusing on substantive conversation between PNMs and chapter members. Additionally, an updated best practice encourages a minimal administrative fee to cover only essential recruitment costs.

@~/~~~~