View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Long scheduled revocation?

I understand when charters are revoked for 4 years, they want everyone involved in the incident (hazing, whatever) to have graduated before they come back. I understand if they make it a little more to make sure that those on a 5 or 6 year plan don't come back...

What I really don't get are revocations beyond that. For example, Theta Tau at Syracuse being permanently banned, I'm wondering if the school believes that as a *National* organization that Theta Tau's principles are such, that a group starting Theta Tau at Syracuse in 2050 of men and women who aren't even born would be inherently more of a problem than any other group of students at Syracuse.

The 10 year bans also seem to be beyond what makes sense. These include Alpha Phi Alpha at Virginia Tech and the initial Judge's decision to ban Pi Delta Psi from operating in the entire state of Pennsylvania (later overturned).

So what are your opinions on what actually make sense for a revocation beyond the amount of time when every involved student has left the school?