View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Wow! Delta Gamma is half and half and has decided to remain that way - according to the latest announcement. I can't imagine not being able to view our archives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Amen. I would spit nails if my GLO thought a “digital collection” was an acceptable substitute. Sorry A Xi D, but this is an absolutely horrible idea. Perhaps I’ve just seen Soylent Green too many times, but we have no guarantee that our current level of technology will grow or even maintain itself forever.
This is the only part of the whole thing that surprised me and kind of makes me sad. Not having a "true" national headquarters totally makes sense in this day and age, and I imagine there's little to no need for orgs to limit themselves to HQ staff that are centralized in one city or town.

Plus, real estate is expensive. This, in addition to payroll, is where a lot of for-profits and non-profits spend the most money. If you can eliminate at least part of the real estate from the equation, it makes good financial sense and allows you to allocate money and resources to more of the things that matter.

That being said, keeping a small space - even if it's leased - where a small staff overseas historical items that sisters can view seems necessary. I can picture VERY small museums I've visited, and they're totally worth it.

Going digital nowadays is certainly practical - and sometimes necessary - but this seems like one step too far.

Sadly, I doubt Alpha Xi Delta will be the last to go this route.

@~/~~~~