View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Suzy, in today’s NPC recruitment process, your daughter’s friend gets a bid if she attends all her pref parties and places both, if she was invited to 2 prefs, or the one if she had an invitation to one, on her MRABA( bid card). She is guaranteed a bid. If she attends two, and places both on her MRABA, she may get a bid from either chapter, depending how she ranked them for pref, and how she appeared on their bid list. If she attended one, placed them on her MRABA card, she would get a bid from them, so I have to challenge what she told your daughter. It simply doesn’t go down as she described.

I am pointing out that the PNMs you described, had the glass is half empty approach. Their favorites after one round did not invite them back and they were not open minded enough to give the ones that did invite them back a second look. They decided they would rather not be Greek than join the ones who wanted to see them again. Who was being elitist? It harkens back to the famous saying of Groucho Marx-“ I would never join a club who would have me as a member.”
Maybe I wasn’t clear, but you are not understanding the story. I did not say the friend listed 2 houses on her bid card, I said either she dropped before pref or didn’t list both houses she preffed at on her card. I’m not sure which, but I acknowledge it was her choice to not see the process through her first year. You missed the part about her being promised a bid via COB, not once, or twice but three times. She realized the promise was empty. She maximized her opportunities at her second formal recruitment and took a bid from a “mid tier” house. My point of telling this story is I’ve read yours and others criticism of PNMs and their parents, but I’m relating a situation where members promised a bid via COB that wasn’t delivered. You seem to not believe a bid promise could occur. Both my daughter on her first recruitment and the friend on her second saw the process through and accepted bids.