View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 10:12 AM

Some reasons why they might not want that:
  • Because if they initiate that will be 25 more “old” Alpha Alphas on campus for 3-4 years holding back the National from recolonization. (Yes you can recolonize with collegiate alumnae on campus, it’s just way easier not to.)
  • Because HQ wants to close the chapter as soon as possible because there are risk mgmt issues at play and the last thing they need is 25 more people in the mix.
  • Because HQ wants to close the chapter as soon as possible due to housing factors involved (ie they want to either sell the house or stop paying rent).

There are lots of possibilities, but getting more specific would probably cause OP to out the campus and I respect her wishes not to do that.

I will say the “if this rush is a banger you can stay open” concept is a recipe for disaster at schools with pre-freshman, fall formal rush. It’s prolonging the inevitable. It just places huge mental and emotional pressure on the chapter and color me cuckoo if I don’t think that is a good mindset to have while trying to convince women that sorority life in your group is awesome.