View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually know this campus/sorority. It was very unfortunate, especially because sadly another house shut down just a few years prior. The rankings site likely was a big factor in the recruiting struggles these chapters faced. While you have gotten a lot of feedback already, I just wanted to respond to this:

>>I also told my daughter her sorority and others could extend bids to the Alpha Alpha PNMs (allegedly Panhel suspended total) but they don't want to.

This is a campus that does not have enormous sorority mansions, but requires sophomores to live on campus and Greek housing fulfills this requirement. For those houses at house total that made or exceeded quota, they CANNOT take any additional members because there is no room to house them and they can't support a bigger MC in a number of ways. At least 3 houses were ineligible for COB because of numbers, so it was not even an option.

My understanding is that another house who was doing COB and has also been struggling with numbers did in fact take many of these girls during COB. Not sure of the details or if it was all of them though. I hope that your daughter's friend was able to explore that opportunity or any other available COB opportunities.