View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Unfortunately, no. There is still the possibility of a PNM getting dropped by all of the chapters prior to preference. For the women who only had Alpha Alpha left, they would have been left with no parties to attend for preference. Thus, no bid.

I would urge you to consider more compassion for Alpha Alpha. The chapter members are probably devastated to lose their new member class and lose their chapter. They likely gave all they had in a last ditch effort to save their sisterhood. They may have felt desperate in the sense of hoping beyond hope that they could pull out enough new members to keep the chapter open. Perhaps, too, Alpha Alpha headquarters wanted very much for the chapter to pull up a win at this year's recruitment and was pained to make the decision to close when the numbers didn't come up.

What an awful position to be and my heart goes out to those young ladies.
I have compassion for the undergraduate chapter members, my opinion was about the National organization, not the undergraduate chapter. My understanding from my daughter and messages parents have posted on social media, is the undergraduate chapter members were not aware of its status with the National organization. Yes, my heart also breaks for the current undergraduates.