View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
I'll be interested to read the defendants' response. The story seems very strange to me. Taking at face value the allegation that KKG nationals was insistent to pledge a trans woman somewhere, the University of Wyoming is literally the worst place in America to give it a try. Kappa has lots of unhoused chapters and chapters at super liberal schools. I mean, they have a chapter at UC Santa Cruz! The complaint is basically saying that Kappa leadership is a bunch of self-destructive idiots who can't find (or don't listen to) competent legal advice. That is always possible with a group of humans; it just seems bizarre with this particular situation.
Wyoming was the place where Matthew Shepard was killed in 1998. I was in college when that happened and I will never forget it. Perhaps it’s seen as some redemption arc for the school in regards to LGBTQ issues?

Blows my mind that the movement has gone from people begging for basic human decency, research for AIDS, safety and the right to love who you want to live…to people feeling victimized and protesting over not being referred to by “they/them” pronouns. It’s like a mockery to all the work that the OG activists did in the 80s and 90s…just to survive. Now, a man can change his pronouns on a piece of paper so “she” can be in a sorority. They’re probably rolling over in their graves.

It’s also incredibly hypocritical to promote BELIEVE WOMEN (wait…that’s back when we WERE women and not uterus people or whatever they changed it to)…ok, believe survivors…because if someone feels unsafe or feels like their boundaries are being crossed…people should respect that…to, “go shower with a naked man with an erection in your sorority house and if you don’t, the problem is YOU.”

I’m totally supporting the women who came forward. Everyone has a right to feel safe in their own home…and, as a society, can we stop destroying and/or compromising women only spaces???