View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
My wife and I were talking about this and she mentioned this point: In some ways it may be much easier for girls to drop out after the first (or any virtual) round.

It may well be because they were released from the mythical “top” houses, but they’ll say: “I just don’t come across well on a screen. They didn’t get a chance to meet the “real” me. I always do better in person, etc. etc.” Then they’ll use any of these to drop out.
This may not happen at all...just another thought.
Oh but it does. I have seen that happen many, many times. . Either from daughter, mother, or both. Never mind that every PNM is participating virtually. Never mind that it was plainly stated that the first round would be virtual when they enrolled in recruitment. Never mind that there are a plethora of accessible videos that share great advice on how best to present yourself in an online recruitment session. Never mind that they had more than ample time to practice before the big day. The fact of the matter is, in sorority recruitment as in life, the more prepared you are the better the outcome. And being willing to re-evaluate yourself and your options might be the difference between a fun 4 years of college, and wondering what might have been.