View Single Post
Old 09-15-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I had a situation like that- a good sister friend had a daughter going to a school with our sorority. She had sent in the legacy form. She complained loudly that her daughter wasn't invited to any events (school was totally COB, no formal recruitment). I was a regional officer so I reached out to the chapter advisor to see what had happened. They had invited the young woman to everything and she declined and only went to events for the other sorority on campus. I never told her. All three of her daughters went to this other sorority. This alumna still brings it up now and then and I just keep my mouth shut.
Happens in IFC recruitment a lot! Since we're 99% informal rush, legacies will many times not go to their legacy chapter events, or if they get a bid to their legacy chapter, they'll sign a bid with a different group. They will almost always tell their dad/grandfather/uncle that they didn't get a bid from legacy group and chapter advisor gets a rude phone call.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)