View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My favorite summer job was a retail position at a family owned above-ground swimming pool/pool supply store. We were open 10-6/7, so I didn’t have to get up early, and weekdays were pretty slow, which gave us time to try to shoot hoops with a basketball set that was in one of the display pools. Since I was the part-timer, I had the job of testing water that people brought in from their pools. Sometimes it would be amazingly dirty, where it couldn’t even be seen through. The store had a scientific-looking setup that was super simple to use, but it looked like I was doing advanced chemistry. Some people were simply amazed by it, which I thought was hilarious. The people who had the extremely dirty water would often have to come back several times before they got it completely clean, and it felt good to help them. Also, there was no AC, just some sort of water cooling system, so it was crazy hot, but that also meant that I got to dress very casually. It was such a fun job, and even more so because the summer before I had worked an office job with a really terrible environment. I worked there two years and loved it!