Thread: Christmas 2023
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2023, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Do you guys regift?
Only if it's explicitly expressed that we are having a white elephant gift exchange. My boss gave me a hat and scarf set last week and it didn't match any winter coats I own. I took them to a white elephant exchange. The person who got it seemed to like it. They were nice, they just didn't match my stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I had hoped to go to New Orleans, but Covid finally caught me . . .mild case, but I'm still housebound. Had to cancel all my reservations.
I'm sorry. It's wrecked my last 3 Christmases and 4 years ago my dad passed on 12/23. I'm about to give up on Christmas to be honest. My son and his fiance arrived here 12/12. My daughter flew in on 12/13, had a peanut exposure and spent the evening in ER, getting home at 1 am. We had fun at a Red Wings game on 12/14. The morning of 12/15, my son's fiance tested positive for COVID. So we masked up, opened gifts and they left for home 3 days early. I hosted my aunt and uncle on the 17th. My cousins were supposed to come too but none of them ended up being able to make it. So I have a ton of food that I've been eating all week. COVID sucks. I'm not sure I want to bother with Christmas next year. So much prep and COVID messes it up every year. I'm glad your symptoms are mild. I hope it stays that way.