View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
Why can’t we evaluate each transgender person on their own actions, values and merits…as opposed to just mass accepting an entire group of people…which, like any group of people, contains those from every walk of life (good and bad).

I’m a woman before I’m anything, and if someone is making women feel uncomfortable…well, that’s sketchy and I’m really not too interested in obligatory empathy for them because they belong to a certain demographic.

That being said…as important as defending women is to me…if someone is a woman and they are a crazy lying crackpot (Jackie from the Rolling Stone rape article comes to mind)…I don’t give two shits about them. Should I automatically empathize with someone who publicly accused members of an organization of a violent gang rape (that never happened) because we have the same body parts? Because I know what it’s like to be a woman or love a woman?

Nope, it’s time that transgender people stand or fail on their own actions and merits. You don’t get waived to second base because you’re transgender and in some ways, life is harder for you.

(FWIW I’m speaking of Artemis. Idk about the AI KKG member. But COME TF ON. Who gets a state capital internship with a 1.9 GPA????)
Agreed. No one appreciates the “Special Snowflake’ of any sort.