View Single Post
Old 02-13-2024, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Women should get a boner-free sorority house, which they were not getting with Artemis around.

And does anyone feel like sisters who complained were totally ignored? "Oh, don't be silly, that's not even anything that should go to the honor court--you transphobic bitches."
First line: Every time I think I’ve found f my favorite Carnation post, you manage to come through with a new favorite!

Second line: YES! We reach women to speak up, say something when you’re uncomfortable, etc and they did. But it’s like women just automatically CANNOT express discomfort if the person is transgender- and that’s not fair.

I’ve worked in social services settings for years and one of the things that is always preached is that all the people participating have the same rights- to be comfortable, feel safe, feel heard, etc. no one participant is more important than another. I think it is applicable to many group experiences and especially group living experiences.

Just because women in college (some, not all) want to date men and have access to those men (of their choosing) sometimes in their bedrooms does not mean they should have to be comfortable with this situation. That’s like saying that if a woman is heterosexual, she should be okay with weird, gross people catcalling her because she likes men anyway so what’s the problem?

Last edited by *winter*; 02-13-2024 at 02:50 AM.