View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 12:20 PM

First off: this is regarding my ASA membership. I have admittedly been a shitty Alpha Phi Omega alumnus, I actually had to check to see if we were currently on campus since we've been on and off through the years. We are on! I am on the chapter's facebook page, which they rarely use. Maybe in 20 years or so this won't be the case, but I feel like there is still a technology gap between 50ish and older members who don't put everything on Instagram or TikTok to communicate. (That applies to all clubs of all kinds BTW.)

As far as ASA - I communicate with my chapter sisters daily (FB & texting) as well as many members of my school's larger Greek community. Our "era" had incredibly tight bonds and we've preserved them over the years. Not just my chapter, but all the chapters.

Next 2 questions-no & no. The last time I tried doing something with the alumnae chapter I was the only one who showed up to the event. I should try again but I'm leery.

National policies - our last big blowup was over the legacy policy. We also seem to be heavier than most on the DEI. I find this ironic because our chapter was told back in the day that our differently abled, gay, ethnic minority, non-model figure members were deleterious to our recruitment efforts and "undesirable." Nowadays we'd probably get a friggin medal.

Deactivating- hell no. I love our founding story and the fact that we went through some serious hot mess 20 years on and had strong determined women who got us through it. I love our colors, our symbolism, and our creed. I love our simple and beautiful rituals. This to me is what the sorority is about - not the flavor of the month.

Last edited by 33girl; 02-17-2024 at 12:26 PM.