Thread: Young and Dumb
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

My first year at CCS in Detroit, one of our assignments was to design and build a grandfather clock for the future. We were instructed to build the model half-scale. I was always trying to design and build my products in a way that would leave a lasting impression, so I built my model of my design full-scale. It was 8-feet tall, and because I used a giant sized PVC pipe to attach the face of the clock to, the base wasn’t strong enough to hold it up, so I made the base out of a heavy metal that took me days to bend and beat into the cool shape I wanted by hand. It still wouldn’t stay together, so I poured hydraulic anchoring cement into the PVC pipe to make it sturdy and to hold it together, but then it was too heavy to carry into the classroom for review. So, I had to buy a dolly to make that happen. That thing probably weighed 200 pounds. 😂 However, it looked cool when it was done.

The second and actually the dumbest thing I ever did regularly was when I got hired out of CCS before I finished and came back to graduate, the pay was so good, instead of buying a house, I kept my one bedroom apartment I was living in while in school. I instead bought a really nice car that I heavily modded. I had NOS under the seats so I could go street racing at night with a bunch of other car guys. I could have either been killed at those speeds or caught and sent to jail. Talk about stupid.

This kind of behavior. Real stupid.
https://youtu.be/0IXg-9tKZek?si=cGMNGtpYDWWoMe-k

I’m still all about having a nice car, and lightly modding it, but I’d never street race again.