View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
There were pros and cons with ads on GC but generally I would say that I did not find the right setup that works well for GC.

Way back in the day I tried Google Ads on GC for a while. Ad quality was so bad that I recall there were many complaints / negative reviews, so I took those down.

For a while I also tried direct ad sales. Ad quality doing that was really quite good, maybe even great as most ads were directly targeted to GC's site audience. However, the time it took to sell & manage those ads really wasn't worth it, and there was opportunity cost to consider.

I am reconsidering ads on GC, though. If I am going to go back to having ads on GC I just need to sort out the right way to go about it.

My focus right now is on server equipment, hosting, software & sorting all those issues out.
I see. I had no idea so much went into it.

I remember the complaints about the ads, lol.

There was an actual Greek chatroom (for actual Greek people) I used to post on before I came to this one. Apparently, the administrator used sponsors but it still eventually shut down.

Thank you for explaining how it all works, John. I know things will work out. GC has been around a long time, so you’re obviously doing what the others weren’t doing.

You’re the best! And thank you.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!